Lightly sweet, powerfully fragrant, on-the-go breakfast or tea muffins. Pumpkin need not be reserved to just the cold fall or winter; it is just as enjoyable in the hot, hot, heat of summer.
- 1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground clove
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a regular or mini muffin pan.
- Whisk pumpkin, spices, oil, eggs and sugar until well combined
- Add in remaining ingredients and combine. Do not over-stir or else the muffins will bake flatly.
- Drop batter in to muffin tin until cups are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins or 24 mini-muffins.